Re: getting SPEAKUP TO SPEAK AT THE CONSOLE

Hello,

This will be the pulseaudio problem again.

You can make it all work by removing pulseaudio and setting output to libao in /etc/speech-dispatcher/speechd.conf

It seems that later versions of firefox will require pulse to provide sound but, for me, it is more important to have speech in the console.