svn -> git of a11y packaging archives

Hi all (and especially Samuel),

I am going through the list of package maintained by the accessibility
team and looking for pending uploads and/or new upstream versions. Some
of our packaging archives are still svn repos. Is there any objection if
I convert them into git repos? I appreciate to have pristine-tar
available and also like the upstream/debian separation in git. In the
current edbrowse package I am now looking at I have to jump through some
hoops with my normal workflows (uscan puts files in the archive base and
dpkg-buildpackage needs them there as well, that's weird).

During Debconf I probably also want to ask the Gnome team if they are OK
with me moving packages that we maintain from there archive to ours as
well. (And convert them to git while I am at it).

Paul