Re: brltty is speaking wire booting but not after

Hi

Ali Gürler schrieb am 13.07.2017, 12:12 +0200:
>Hello Samuel,
I hope you don't mind if I answer instead.

>I installed debian 9.0.0 on a new system from netinst iso image. After that,
>I installed brltty-espeak and uncommented the line for using espeak in
>/etc/brltty.conf. I forgot: Befor that, I installed alsa-utils, of course. If
>the system is starting, brltty is speaking, but it does not at the boot
[…]
Would you please test whether Pulse is running? That has been always the issue
for me. Log in and check whether

$ pgrep pulse

outputs something.
Another thing to check is whether autospeak is enabled. You can do this in the
BRLTTY preferences menu.

>I would like stopping brltty and start it again, but sysctl
>stop brltty or sysctl brltty stop does not work.
The command is `systemctl stop brltty`; `service brltty stop` would work, too.

Cheers
Sebastian
--
Web: http://www.crustulus.de (English|Deutsch)  | Blog: http://www.crustulus.de/blog