Re: speech-dispatcher and RC bugs

Paul Gevers, on Tue 17 Jan 2017 22:17:57 +0100, wrote:
> Is anybody working on the two RC bugs in speech-dispatcher?

Uh, it seems I somehow simply completely did not receive mails about
them...

> #847143: speech-dispatcher-*: missing Breaks+Replaces for package split
> #838665: /usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/speechd_config/config.py: runs
> argparse on Python module import
>
> I think the first one is trivial

Yep, probably

> I think we should fix these before the stretch release.

s/should/have to/

That being said, I find #838665 a bit abusive.  I actually had to
re-read several times "software that imports all installed Python
modules": how can that be a good idea?!  Now, that being said, AIUI
speechd_conf is not a python module that programmer would normally want
to use, so perhaps the simplest way would be to just move that module to
a private area, and make the only user (spd-conf) load it from there?