pulseaudio problems

Probably pulseaudio could do better garbage collection and better buffer memory buffer management. I can listen to rather long multimedia files and sooner or later get complete static with the playing of the file cutting out. Rebooting the computer does nothing to disrupt this static, at that point, espeakup no longer works. Earlier I've been running speaker-test then rebooting to get speech back, but I think I'll use pulseaudio -k when this happens next time and see if that works better. I run emacspeak with emacs out of a script and routinely shut off espeakup before running emacs then turn espeakup back on after finishing with emacs and emacspeak. I put a pulseaudio -k command in the bottom of the script and will test its performance later today. If it works, strangled speech with heavy static overlay will no longer be a problem here.