Re: xclip problem

As of now, I removed the entire graphical user environment from this disk since I was getting too much keyboard latency and probably install it later then I will return to this problem. Before that, I'll try all of this with a system that doesn't use startx to run the graphical user environment and see if I get lucky in there. For those that use startx to start their graphical user environments, does a way exist to stop the graphical user environment and return to command line environment short of powering down the system?

On Sat, 23 Dec 2017, john doe wrote:

Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2017 23:32:26
From: john doe <johndoe65534@mail.com>
To: debian-accessibility@lists.debian.org
Subject: Re: xclip problem

On 12/22/2017 9:38 PM, Jude DaShiell wrote:
 I tried all of this in a terminal and got :0.0 for the DISPLAY value. So I
 exported DISPLAY=:0.0 then ran xclip and xclip errored out because it
 couldn't find DISPLAY :0.0.

https://github.com/astrand/xclip

"* Connects to the X display in $DISPLAY, or specified with -display host:0"

What happened if you don't set the DISPLAY variable (post the error if any along with the command and where are you executing/entering it)?

Are you on Debian 9 (Stretch)?

Why do you need 'xclip' and what are you trying  to accomplish?