Re: Accessibility of dpkg using espeakup

On 12/19/2017 8:12 AM, john doe wrote:
On 12/19/2017 6:29 AM, john doe wrote:
Hi Samuel,

On 12/19/2017 1:31 AM, Samuel Thibault wrote:
Hello,

john doe, on lun. 18 déc. 2017 11:55:05 +0100, wrote:
When I install or reconfigure packages 'dpkg'* is used.

Most of the prompts are to be used based on colors, for instance, to select
Yes/no.

Some examples of the commands that triggered this:

dpkg-reconfigure tzdata/locales
apt-get install resolvconf/ddclient

Is there a way to get those prompts fully accessible using espeakup?

You can try to run dpkg-reconfigure debconf, which should propose you to
use the readline interface, which is the same as used in the accessible
debian installer.

It's odd that nobody thought about asking about this before.

Thanks for this -- works like a charm!

Is there a way to do the same per command invocation or per session?
So settings are not change permanently.

debconf(1) could be what I'm looking for!

The following does what I want! :)

DEBIAN_FRONTEND=readline <COMMAND>

Thanks again, Samuel.

--