Re: It is time for me to depart.

Dear Luke, Dear Samuel, Dear All,

We in BRAILCOM are very thankful for the good work that Luke Yelavich has
put into the Speech Dispatcher project by contributing to its development
as well as by guiding and helping other contributors and putting their improvements
together to produce solid and stable releases. Luke, we thank you very much
for all of this, it was not a small thing, and we wish you lot of luck with whatever
projects or activities you are going to pursue in the future. At the same time,
if you ever wish to contribute again to the collective effort that stands behind
the development of Speech Dispatcher, you are warmly welcome, do not
doubt it.

Samuel Thibault stepped forward and kindly offered help with maintaining
the Speech Dispatcher project in the future. We gladly accept this offer
as Samuel is also a long-term contributor to the project, knowledgable
not only about its technical implementation but also about its design,
intents and philosophy. Also to you Samuel, we thank you very much
and we wish you that this work brings you joy.

We understand that the time that Samuel can spend on the project
is limited and we hope others will continue helping with their
contributions and improvements which are indispensable for this
collaborative project.

We still think that Speech Dispatcher is very relevant, perhaps even more
than before. As both speech synthesis solutions and assistive technologies
such as screen readers continue improving, user interactions with computers
are getting more sophisticated, the need for effective coordination of assistive
messages are getting evermore important. The same is true for having an
easy and effective high-level interface between ATs and speech.

The last thing that I want to mention, we think that it would be fitting
at this point to move the project codebase to GitHub as it would make
it technically easier to contribute and to track issues, especially for
new people. We will prepare this transition and coordinate on it
with Samuel.

Kind regards to you all,

Hynek & the team at BRAILCOM

--