Re: Sound Parameters on Net Installer? Need speech for accessibility

Hello,

am_dxer@fastmail.fm, on ven. 20 oct. 2017 23:46:48 -0400, wrote:
> I was able to use the arch asound.conf to do the install once I coppied
> it to the running debian installer and restarted espeakup

Ok.  Could you send it to us so we can have a look?

> The card that emits sound is the one called   1 [PCH            ]:
> HDA-Intel - HDA Intel PCH
[...]
> cat /proc/asound/cards
>   0 [HDMI           ]: HDA-Intel - HDA Intel HDMI
>                        HDA Intel HDMI at 0xf1210000 irq 50
>   1 [PCH            ]: HDA-Intel - HDA Intel PCH
>                        HDA Intel PCH at 0xf1214000 irq 49
> 29 [ThinkPadEC     ]: ThinkPad EC - ThinkPad Console Audio Control
>                        ThinkPad Console Audio Control at EC reg 0x30, fw
> unknown

Ok so nothing particular to my eye, except that the HDMI card is the
first and there is a card numbered 29, but in principle that shouldn't
harm for card 1 to work.

> cat /sys/class/sound/card*/id
> HDMI
> PCH
> ThinkPadEC

Could you also run

echo /sys/class/sound/card*/id

Never remove any detail from what we ask for, we never know what can be
useful to know, so too much information is never a bad thing.