Re: Orca autostart problem

Hello,

Luke Yelavich, on lun. 18 sept. 2017 07:44:06 +1000, wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 18, 2017 at 07:11:17AM AEST, Samuel Thibault wrote:
> > Ok, it seems there is also incompatibility with lightdm.
>
> I wonder whether this linked bug is the culpret.
>
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1670933

Well, yes and no. Of course all these issues about starting at-spi
within lightdm are related, and the approach you propose should be
solving everything, but here Egon is talking about Debian stable, which
AIUI doesn't have a systemd service file for the registry, so the
approach wouldn't work.

But patches/01_at-spi.patch in stable should be handling this, by just
always starting at-spi from lightdm itself, allowing it to shut it down
properly before the user session. It does work when installing with
brltty or speakup enabled, I don't know yet why it doesn't otherwise.