Re: wireless configuration

On Mon, 15 May 2017, Mark Peveto wrote:

Using debian with mate desktop, what are folks doing as far as wireless
configs...what is best to use that works well with mate and orca?
Commandline utils that work with speakup would be fine, too.
Hi Mark
I personally prefer wicd, that is usable either in console than in desktop.
You should install wicd, wicd-curses and wicd-gtk.
As i know, wicd and network-manager does'nt work togeter, and you should disable nm for wicd to work properly. But you could test if you find a way to configure them togeter, maybe let me know if it is possible.
Regards,
Michelangelo

Mark Peveto
Registered Linux user number 600552