Re: creating a customized debian-installer testing CD with non-free firmware that starts talking on boot and is at low priority

Hello,

Nick Gawronski, on lun. 17 avril 2017 01:16:56 -0500, wrote:
> wish to build a custom debian installation testing CD
> that is around 650 megs or a DVD around 4.7 gigs that has the non-free
> firmware.  I have looked into simple-ccd and debian-cd but they really look
> complex based on just what I want to do.

Well, yes and no.

Yes, simple-cd / debian-cd are complex. But what you want to do is, too.
Building a CD image is really not a that-simple task: how do you fetch
the packages, which size do you want, do you want the firmwares, do you
want some preseeding, etc. etc. So many things that need to be said to
the tool to build the images, and thus yes the tool is complex.

> I wish the installer to start up talking and at low priority.  Looking
> on the testing directory there is only a xfce 650 MB disc without
> firmware but this would work if speech were on this disc as I could
> always put the firmware on an USB stick.

Well, then use it and the expert boot menu entry (see my mail from a few
days ago: just press 'a' (for advanced) then 'x' (for expert)).