Re: getting the cd1 installer with nonfree firmware

Hi, If you read on the debian wiki on firmware you can download the debian packages and uncompress them to the root of an USB flash drive and then it should detect the firmware as I have used this method with success. The archive has lots of firmware but only the portions you need will be installed. I usually run the installer with debconf priority set to low and choose the contrib and non-free repositories during the package installation as this way if updates are provided for the firmware they will be downloaded like other updates. Nick Gawronski