Re: speech-enabled expert/rescue/autoinstall keyboard shortcuts

On 3/21/2017 7:40 PM, Samuel Thibault wrote:
Hello,

Somehow somebody managed to raise that there is no menu entry for
starting the rescue mode with speech synthesis enabled.  That actually
also raises the question of doing the same for expert install andHi, One issue with that is how do we know if we are totally blind what menu we are in and also if an option is selected properly or not?  I know the option to start the installation with software speech but when there are other menus to go threw with no speech how fast do they come up?  Why not add shortcuts to the main menu for speech or can one not just type in the shortcut then add speakup.synth=soft to start software speech as I tried that once but got nowhere?  Nick Gawronski
automated install.

It's really a matter of adding the menu entry: just copy/paste the
existing expert/rescue/automated entries, and append speakup.synth=soft
to it.

Now the question is: which keyboard shortcut to use?

For now, the only documented accessible keyboard shortcut is "s" to
start a speech-enabled installation.  I guess we don't want to add yet
other entries to the main menu, so we'd put these additional entries
under the "advanced options" submenu, which already has shortcut "a".
However, the natural "e", "r" and "a" shortcuts are already taken for
the non-speech versions.

Would it really be a problem to change the meaning of those shortcuts,
to make them start the speech versions instead of the non-speech
version?  I have to say I myself never used those shortcuts, since it's
so fast to just move down a few times when one is sighted :)