espeakup will not readvery long documents when using programs like cat

Hi, I have noticed this issue for a long time if I am reading a very long file with cat where I am not using the screens like more and less provides for moving threw a document I find that espeakup stops reading a long way threw the document. If you download the Debian installer guide and cat it to the screen like chapter 1 you will find that speech stops way before the end of the document. If I use less or more and page threw the document I can read the entire thing but there are times more then not when I just want to read the entire thing at once. What would it take for one of the developers to track down what this issue is and fix it? Nick Gawronski