Re: best debian live disc to use for accessibility

On 5/22/2016 5:44 AM, Nick Gawronski wrote:
Hi, I was trying to find what is the best Debian live disc to use that has
accessibility either speakup or orca or both but I would rather have speakup
for console access?  Do any of the discs have a timeout at the boot prompt
other then the beep?  Nick Gawronski

Someone please correct me, but I don't know of such a live CD. I had to create my own. If you have a serial synthesizer, the Debian Rescue CD should work, but it has a kernel with broken Speakup serial support. The last CD which worked with serial speech was Squeeze. What you could do is burn the rescue CD, boot it, hope the network comes up and install espeakup by hand. I believe it doesn't have a boot timeout. Pressing Tab and passing speakup.synth at the boot prompt doesn't work.

Does the latest test live CD build address this? I haven't tried any live CDs recently, but I thought I read here that there is still no accessibility. I'm referring to the standard and rescue CDs here, not the graphical ones.