Re: What is the state of accessibility on the gnu herd?

Hello,

Doug Smith, on Wed 27 Apr 2016 16:17:52 -0400, wrote:
> Hi, folks.  I was just wondering if the gnu herd operating system is accessible yet, and if so, what applications are available for it.  I just wanted to take a look at it and see how it was coming along.

It's as accessible as Linux, actually. The text console is accessible
(there is a driver for it), and the graphical desktop is accessible the
same way as on Linux.

That being said, there is only support for serial port yet, no USB, no
bluetooth, no sound (thus no speech synthesis) yet.

Also it's simpler to run it in a qemu VM, and use qemu's -ncurses option
to access the text console (and use -k to fix the keyboard layout
translation)