Re: process for getting festival working with speech-dispatcher and speechd-up

Hi, Another update on my getting everything working like it should. I reinstalled Jessie to just start things over and followed the process on the accessibility pages to disable pulse audio but now espeakup starts just fine but not orca. I made sure all of the comments were removed from the values I wanted to change and rebooted the system but as orca started when pulse audio was running now with it disabled it does not start and just espeakup will start. Putting directions on how to turn on pulse audio once it is disabled would be a good thing to do so if problems happen we can just go back to the defaults again with a working system. If I leave pulse audio running and login to my user account on the Debian desktop I can use orca but not espeakup.Another thing that should be mentioned on the wiki pages is how to find out what version of gnome you are using or for that matter what desktop you are using as I selected the debian desktop task during the installation. Having debconf values for accessibility so users could turn on and off system wide accessibility should also be added. Being able to use and switch between both orca and espeakup or speechd-up without rebooting would be something I would have thought have already been worked out but it appears not as two different systems a physical and a virtual system produce the same results when trying to switch back and forth between the debian desktop and the console I get orca in the desktop but no speech on the console. I have speech-dispatcher set to yes to start system wide. What is the proper process to get both orca and espeakup or speechd-up working on the same system? Nick Gawronski