Alex ARNAUD
Visual-Impairment Project Manager
Hypra - "Humanizing technology"

Le 11/12/2016 à 17:42, Jude DaShiell a écrit :
How do I do a debug out on orca?  When this is done is it saved to a
file called debug.out?  If it isn't too large I may be able to fit it on
the flash drive and get it sent here.

On Thu, 8 Dec 2016, Jude DaShiell wrote:

Date: Thu, 8 Dec 2016 20:51:22
From: Jude DaShiell <jdashiel@panix.com>
To: MENGUAL Jean-Philippe <mengualjeanphi@free.fr>,
    debian-accessibility@lists.debian.org
Subject: Re: orca on debian stretch testing

I have tested mate gnome and system-X11.  I even did a debian install
without desktop environment since I figured the desktop environment
could be contriuting to this problem.
On gnome, I did control-alt-tab to get to the top bar and tabbed over
to system and selected network and internet inside system and was told
I have no wifi connection so tabbed to select wifi network and opened
that up.  Then the bunch of panels came up each with an available
network on it.  I chose my panel and hit enter on the desired network
and then everything went silent. Since debian post-install doesn't
preserve configured wifi network it used to install the system I can't
get to the internet with it.  The last thing I may try next week is
writing myself an /etc/network/interfaces file and use ifup and ifdown
and see if I get the internet up.  I know about iwgetid so can use the
utility to get parameters for the interfaces file.