Testing ARIA mark-up on Debian

Hello everyone,

With my Kallithea developer hat on, I have thought about making it more accessible for a long time already, but lack of time, knowledge and ability to test it together with not having any data at all about the number of users of the mark-up didn't help my motivation.

Last week though, a real user contacted us on the chat, and working together helped us to make Kallithea more accessible than it was before. However, I'd like to be able to test ARIA mark-up myself, and I haven't found any software in Debian I could use for that purpose. Recommended screen readers are either non-free software or don't exist on Linux.

Have I missed something? What do people use? What do people with vision impairment use on Debian?

Thanks for your answers.

P.S. Please Cc me, since I'm not subscribed to this list.

--
Cheers,
  Andrew