Re: Enabling accessibility stack by default in Qt4/Qt5

Samuel Thibault <sthibault@debian.org> writes:

> Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer, le Tue 01 Sep 2015 18:50:43 -0300, a écrit :
>> Now we should also consider Wayland and even pure console. Qt5 has been
>> improving in this side (yes, it can draw a GUI without X and without the need
>> to recompile anything). I don't know if a11y is present in those cases, but if
>> it is it would also be good to check them.
>
> AT-SPI is actually independent from the actual rendering, so it should
> be already working.

If we are talking about Qt on framebuffers (how cool!), I doubt that it
would be practical to use if it already "worked".  After all, Orca would
still need to run in a conventional X session, wouldn't it?  And d-bus
would need to be convinced to have those two talk to each other.
And then, all of the orca keyboard based commands would likely no longer
work, because the current console would be the wrong on.  Or am I
misunderstanding anything here?

Still, this would be very cool to have working.  What do I need to do,
to let a Qt5 app know it is supposed to do this?

--
CYa,
  ⡍⠁⠗⠊⠕