Re: Creating Compiz group

Hello Mengual,

On Thu, Jul 30, 2015 at 01:28:22AM +0200, MENGUAL Jean-Philippe wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Actually I hoped submitting the package to a11y team could speed up the
> upload, but lack of time prevents this. So as requested by Stephen, we've
> just created a Compiz packaging team, so that:
> 1. Ubuntu, Knoppix and Debian have a synchronized packaging policy of this
> package
> 2. Upstream devs and package maintainers can dialog

While pulling compiz regularly from upstream
http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~compiz-team/compiz/0.9.12/ , I still have a
few lines of local patches concerning the default configuration and
build dependencies for Debian, plus a bugfix for mouse cursor visibility
which hasn't made it into the official repository yet, so I'll likely
continue to build my own packages for Knoppix, but I'm very happy to
know that compiz makes it back into the Debian mainline. :-)

> Don't hesitate to join the group. Were subscribed now ksamak, Stephen,
> Samuel, Luke, and Klaus. And any interested dev is 9elcome.

Thanks, I'm glad I'm in automatically. :-)

> Once the group formed, I'll see at DebConf how to upload in the appropriate
> dir on alioth, so that we upload and maintain together. ksamak and I, from
> Hypra, had feedbacks for users, we'd like to ship them in the regular Debian
> bug tracking system.
>
> Here's the project URL:
> https://alioth.debian.org/projects/compiz/

At which level is this kept in sync with the launchpad repository?

> Thanks very much to Samuel for creating.
>
> We requested for a svn repo, it should be enough. If you prefer git, tell us
> quickly.

Svn is OK for me.

Regards
-Klaus