error in speech-dispatcher init script in debian stable

Hi,
if [ "x$RUN" != "xyes" ...
will not allow to enable speechd in /etc/default/speech-dispatcher
when setting RUN=yes

I am aware that running speechd in system mode is not recommended but
I see no reliable working setup for using plain text consoles.
Using pulseaudio for speechd will not work with eg. brltty's speech output.

Today I tried to install xfce.
All worked fine except sound through pulseaudio.
It started muted and I was not able to get sound.
I am using a sblive which should allow concurent sound output.

Regards
Halim