Is there a similar service to google voice which works with command line tools?

I have a simple question. I need to find out if any other service exists that provides the exact same kind of free telephony as google voice. If so, where can I find it? If not, what would it take to put one together from the ground up. It would have to work with command line tools, and, if I can find such an animal, I might just go to a pure cli system again. I don't know.

The reason I ask about this is that I tried to find out if there is a new version of the pygooglevoice package that used to exist for debian. Well, when I went to look for it, google got all stupid as it frequently does and, rather than saying there was or was not, all they could come up was this bunch of nenseless bibble-babble:

https://www.google.com/search?q=debian%20details%20package%20pygooglevoice%20jessie&num=30&gws_rd=ssl

As you can see, there was no reference to jessie and pygooglevoice in the results those geniuses dished up. I hope someone can help me find a different service that works with command line tools or tell me how to start one.

Thanks.

--
Doug Smith: Special Agent
S.W.A.T  Spiritual Warfare and Advanced Technology