Does qt-at-spi actually work with Qt5?

Hi.

I am trying to evaluate the cross-platform accessibility of Qt.
I am using the most basic Qt example possible:

#include <QApplication>
#include <QTextEdit>

int main(int argv, char **args)
{
    QApplication app(argv, args);

    QTextEdit textEdit;
    textEdit.show();

    return app.exec();
}

If I compile this with Qt5, and try to run it in GNOME with
QT_ACCESSIBILITY set to 1, all I get is a completely non-responsive
gnome-shell window.

What am I missing?  Is this actually *supposed* to work?
Is anybody here using Qt applications successfuly these days (and I
really mean use, not just launch and and test if it does anything).

--
CYa,
  ⡍⠁⠗⠊⠕