voice recognition on debian, sphinx

Dear accability devs & maintainers

,  Presently I find myself as a regular debian user not being able totype or see very well, thus I went searching for something opensource and low cost or free to use for speech to text input.  I found pocketsphinx andsphinxtrain in debian packages for jessie but I have found no help or documentation on getting them setup and installed such that I can speak and have text entered into for instance the current cursor position within a libreOffice document.  Could one of you point me in the right direction to get speech recognition and input functional on my debian jessie AMD64 desktop?

Thanks,

Eric Fort