Upload and Orca

Hi,

Joanie provided 3 important patches for Orca 3.12, which are all the more useful since Debian would not upload gnome 3.14 due to delay problems. These fixes, indeed, are not really related to gnome itself, but to Orca itself, in its working with other desktops or other apps.

Because while Orca is related to gnome, noawadays, it is cross-desktop, i.e. it can make other DE accessible such as LXDE or MATE.

Aware of the work to package GNOME, the schedule for freeze, the importance of the Joanie's patches in 3.12 (2 for libreoffice in testing, 1 for MATE), I propose to help the gnome-orca maintainers. Could you add debian-a11y ML to maintainers and Samuel Thibault as uploader (it seems agree). Doing this, as member of debian-a11y, I'll be able to propose applying the patches and updating Orca 3.12, then Samuel can upload and we can test quickly if they don't run anything in another place, and if they fix in Debian context. All that without increasing your work related to grobal GNOME.

Do you agree? Do you prefer to apply patch and change these 2 fields before uploading, or change fields and let us deal with these 3 patches?

Thanks,

Regards,

--

Jean-Philippe MENGUAL

accelibreinfo, votre partenaire en informatique adaptée aux déficients visuels

Mail: texou@accelibreinfo.eu

Site Web: http://www.accelibreinfo.eu