Re: speakup usb problem

On Mon, 31 Mar 2014, Jude DaShiell wrote:

When I installed this instance of debian jessie/sid I had speakers
attached through one of the sound cards.  These were quarter-inch plug
speakers not usb.  When I moved I didn't take that set of speakers with me
but did take a usb speaker set.  With debian, speech goes out over
headphones since they're on the sound card port.  Can I switch output over
to usb without doing a complete reinstall of debian?

Yes. Assuming you're using eSpeakup with eSpeak, edit /etc/default/espeakup and specify your desired soundcard.

Note: This may fail if your USB speakers (like some soundcards, especialy USB soundcards) only accept certain sample rates/channels. Hopefully this won't be the case for you.

HTH,
Geoff.