No luck in Iceweasel

Whether I start Iceweasel by pressing Enter in its icon from the mate menu, or by running it with the alt-f2 command, I can't get Orca talking inside it. Orca stays silent, and its commands such as insert-t for speaking the time don't work as well. The only one that speaks anything is alt+tab.

I've tried to run the command listed in the Debian accessibility page, i.e.:
sudo ln -s /usr/lib/*/gtk-2.0/modules/libatk-bridge.so /usr/lib/gtk-2.0/modules but it complains that the file or directory was not found. Likewise, I tried to run the command suggested by S. Massy, i.e.:
cp -r /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/gtk-2.0/modules /usr/lib/gtk-2.0/
it ran correctly, but still no practical result.

Perhaps a related topic is that I couldn't enable Orca to start automatically on my user session as well. The commands listed in the page seemed to enable assistive technology in general, but I stiill have to run Orca through alt-f2.

Apart from it, programs like Pluma, package manager, settings, GParted, etc., work quite well.

Thanks for any help,
Cleverson