Re: systemd and accessible vt's

Hello,

Halim Sahin schrieb am 03.12.2013, 18:17 +0100:
>Last week I've read about a rfc in systemd which tries to implement vt
>in userspace.
>In that case config_vt in kernel don't need to be set.
>If someone tries to remove vt support from kernel completely we.ll loose
>a great, stable environment.

FYI, I have the opportunity to discuss about it with Xorg people at
XDC'14.

Halim Sahin, le Tue 03 Dec 2013 19:46:57 +0100, a écrit :
> First step would be how to implement screenreading in such environment.

Yes. I discussed a bit about it with them, and they'll be happy to
implement an interface for brltty to access the content of the screen.
Which will actually brings us back on par with CONFIG_VT.

Halim Sahin schrieb am 03.12.2013, 18:17 +0100:
> It should now the time to figure out:
>
> * how early boot messages should be read

One important thing to understand is that we shouldn't be asking for
*more* than what sighted people have. When CONFIG_VT is not set, people
won't have early boot messages either, so there is no point in fighting
to get them :) All the solutions that a sighted person will use to get
early boot messages (enable CONFIG_VT, using a serial console, etc.)
will just be accessible as usual.