Re: Cinnamon accessibility

Hello,

Apparently this has never been answer, let me give a few hints.

simon brown, le Sat 27 Sep 2014 15:53:03 +0100, a écrit :
> I have picked up on the fact that Cinnamon is not being rated as accessible.
> This rather puzzles me as there are loads of accessibility settings, zoom,
> on screen keyboards, high contrast, large text options, alerts, lots of
> mouse and click options etc.

Well, yes, but that covers only people who can see at least a bit.
Others will use Orca, and a very quick test with it shows that all
the basic parts of the Cinnamon environment are not accessible: when
pressing alt-f2 to start a command, Orca does not get the text of the
command being typed. When pressing menu to enter the start menu, Orca
does not get any feedback about which item in the menu is selected.  So
one can not even start an application actually...