accessible debian live cd

Hello,

I am interested in creating an accessible debian live cd.

My goal would be to start with, for example, the gnome-desktop live-image, and not only ensure that I could install it using a screenreader such as speakup/brltty, but also boot into the live system and have Braille and speech support enabled.

I have tried simply including brltty libbrlapi0.5, python-brlapi and xbrlapi in the package-lists, but brltty never gets started.

I would be content for the moment with a system that I could open a command terminal and have brltty available there.

I have read through the live manual several times, but still have had no success in this customization.