Re: Speech related WNPP bugs (mostly festival)

Hi,

Thank you for your time and effort compiling this list and contacting us.

As a member of the TTS group, I have submitted ITA to some of the
packages. I hope to discuss about the other packages with the TTS and
the accessibility group. Any comments are very much appreciated.
Details below:

> Hi,
>
> below is a list of all speech related [1] packages that are currently
> looking for a new maintainer.

"speech related" is a perfectly correct expression :-)

> For some there already seems to be the intention to adopt them, but in
> such cases please:
> 1. follow the instructions at [2] and retitle the bug to ITA and
> 2. try to make an upload soon

Thank you for giving such clear instructions. We will follow them as
soon as possible.

> This makes it visible that these packages are already being adopted,
> and after adoption bug reports will be going to the new maintainers.
>
> For festvox-suopuhe-lj and festvox-suopuhe-mv the former maintainer
> stated in the WNPP bugs that
>   The packages should be removed from Debian after the wheezy release
>   unless a new maintainer somehow materializes.
> If noone wants to adopt them, it would be helpful to have a statement
> in these WNPP bugs stating either that they are useless and should be
> removed, or that there is value in having these packages in jessie.
>

> The packages and WNPP bugs are:

I am not a Finnish speaker, but if these packages work we (TTS group)
should probably adopt them.
If the TTS group agrees I can create a git repository for them under
tts/ umbrella.

> O: festvox-suopuhe-lj -- Finnish female speaker for Festival
> http://bugs.debian.org/474018
>

> O: festvox-suopuhe-mv -- Finnish male speaker for festival
> http://bugs.debian.org/474019

I think I am not able to test this package because I do not own any of
the mentioned synthesizers.
Is this package maybe more suitable for debian-accessibility?
> O: emacspeak-ss -- Emacspeak speech servers for several synthesizers
> http://bugs.debian.org/636409

This package is recommended by speech-dispatcher, so we (TTS group)
should probably adopt it, given that we have speech-dispatcher under
TTS umbrella (if I am not mistaken):

> O: sound-icons -- sounds for speech enabled applications
> http://bugs.debian.org/730987

An ITA has been submitted to the following 7 packages in name of the TTS group:

> O: festival-doc -- Documentation for Festival
> http://bugs.debian.org/699950
>
> O: festival-freebsoft-utils -- Festival extensions and utilities
> http://bugs.debian.org/730985
>
> RFA: festvox-czech-ph -- Czech male speaker for Festival
> http://bugs.debian.org/730988
>
> RFA: festvox-czech-dita -- Czech female speaker for Festival
> http://bugs.debian.org/730989
>
> RFA: festvox-czech-machac -- Czech male speaker for Festival
> http://bugs.debian.org/730990
>
> RFA: festvox-czech-krb -- Czech child speaker for Festival
> http://bugs.debian.org/730991
>
> RFA: festival-czech -- Czech support for Festival speech synthesis system
> http://bugs.debian.org/730997

I hope we can perform an upload soon and close as many bugs as possible.

Thank you all for keeping an eye on this,
Sergio