dell laptop install

The netinst dvd's won't install debian on my ddell laptop.  The netinst
dvd's need a driver in non-free-linux-firmware and won't download and
install that for me.   The laptop has only usb ports.  It was suggested I
get a debian live cd and usee it to clear windows vista from the system
then install debian from that live cd.  Even if I do this, can I get
sofware speakup up and tlking on the live cd?  The sighted help around
here only knows about windows and isn't all that technically literate.

jude <jdashiel@shellworld.net>
About to block another web browser version?  Ask yourself what Tim
Berners-lee would do.