Re: When will the orca screen reader work again?

Doug Smith <savant-technopath@cyber-wizard.com> wrote:

> 1. Is there any idea about when the new desktop packages will make their way to testing?

I don't know. Orca 3.8 isn't in Unstable yet. It will happen when Debian
developers find time to work on it. I would rather that it be correct than
that it be rushed, so patience would be advisable at this point.
> 2. Is there any new information you can give us about these packages?

No.

> 3. Is it going to be gnome 3.6 or 3.8 that makes it to testing?

3.8.

> 4. When all the packages are installed and orca is working properly again, can someone please help me to set up the talking login screen for the gnome
> desktop?

I thought you downgraded python-pyatspi to 3.4.x and solved your upgrade
problem, but if that's not the case I would recommend downgrading temporarily.

> 7. Is there anything I can do to help work on the problem that might temporarily get orca working again on this machine?

Yes, downgrade the relevant packages by installing from stable and it should
all work.