Re: Wheezy images and speech

It would be a very simple matter to get the live CDs to have speech at boot. The Squeeze live CD already has the Speakup modules, so I'm assuming that Wheezy does as well. I haven't used the Wheezy live CD, but with Squeeze, it doesn't have the espeak and espeakup packages. Since Squeeze still supports hardware speech, that wasn't a problem for me. All that would need to happen to get Wheezy to have software speech is to install the above packages and set up an entry in the boot loader to load speech as D-I does now. It would be a fairly simple fix if I understand correctly. With Squeeze, just do the following after the CD boots:

sudo modprobe speakup_ltlk