Re: r3688 - /projects/accessibility/trunk/debian-accessibility/tasks/documents

Hi Samuel,

On Fri, Jan 04, 2013 at 11:18:39AM +0100, Samuel Thibault wrote:
> Andreas Tille, le Fri 04 Jan 2013 10:56:49 +0100, a écrit :
> > So my question is: Is there any accessibility related Vcs where the
> > team might maintain its packages and if not why not?
>
> Just to be clear from my side too: I just happened to notice the
> ITP from Tanguy Ortolo, but I don't know him, I don't think he is
> even subscribed to this list. I've added the package name to the
> blend essentially to remember about this package as being important
> enough for us to be advertised. I don't know if he already has a Vcs,
> etc. but I wanted to be sure that once the package gets uploaded the
> meta-information flows into the blend system; I don't have the time to
> do more about it now (contacting Tanguy etc.). In the meanwhile, having
> a pointer to the wnpp, even if not parsed, is already a good thing.

Your motivation is perfectly fine and I always did so in the past to
make sure I will not forget anything.  For me this turned out to be the
best way to not forget anything.

However, in the mean time I tried to enhance this simple method to not
forget into something which is way more helpful also for others because
it does not only tell me what I do not want to forget but also tells the
world what we are working on.  So I just used this simple example as a
way to promote the advantages of team maintained packages in Vcs and a
good chance to invite people working on packages fitting into the team
to join.  At least this was the way Debian Med team was growing:  Just
using our development tools and invite people to use them for their own
profit.

Kind regards

        Andreas.

--