backup and restore

Hi.  I am wondering how I can make a complete backup of this installed system and keep it for a future reinstall, just in case something goes wrong.
I am planning to test something on here that has the potential to break the system beyond useableness if anything happens.  I just wanted to know how
to make a complete backup of this working installation and reinstall it if necessary.

Thanks.

--
Doug Smith: Special Agent
S.W.A.T  Spiritual Warfare and Advanced Technology