Almost Done with Installation!

Hi! I've decided to go Debian and see how I like it. I got the installer to speak, and I love the interface. Now, I'm almost ready for the moment of truth. Does Debian start Gnome automatically, and how does the login prompt work? Do you type in the username and tab over and type the password like in Windows? Or do you just type the password and press enter? And since the accessible kernel was used, will Orca run when I log in or at the login prompt?
Thanks,
Hunter