Re: Accessibility talk at the GNU Hackers Meeting

On 30 August 2013 20:40, Samuel Thibault <samuel.thibault@ens-lyon.org> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> We had the opportunity to give a talk about accessibility at the GNU
> Hackers Meeting this summer, the video is available
>
> http://www.irill.org/videos/GNU_Hackers_Meeting_2013/Samuel_Thibault_Jean-Philippe_Mengual-Freedom_0_for_everybody_really.webm

Thank you for an interesting presentation.

I have an interest in speech synthesizers and am maintaining a branch
of espeak that makes it easier to build and work on in Linux (via
autotools) [https://github.com/rhdunn/espeak].

Are there any features/functionality missing from espeak, along with
their priority?

If the issue is of pronunciation accuracy, I have a pronunciation
dictionary command-line tool as part of my Cainteoir Text-to-Speech
engine project [https://github.com/rhdunn/cainteoir-engine] that can
be used to create and manage pronunciation dictionaries for languages
that can then be used to generate a <lang>_extra file with words that
eSpeak mispronounces. NOTE: I only currently support the default
British English voice phonemes, but can easily support others.

NOTE: I also have a page on assessing the (subjective) quality of a
speech synthesizer at http://reecedunn.co.uk/cainteoir/design/quality.

Thanks,
- Reece H Dunn (Cainteoir Technologies)