Re: [Support] Does anyone on here know how to watch tv with vlc?

Hello,
I guess the command line you have posted opens an analog tv tuner to watch a specific channel. I was under impression analogue broadcasts are no longer available in the US and all is DVB-T/S/C based.
Newertheless here is a link to the linux tv wiki on VLC.
From there you can read on and try to go the path what is more appropriate for you and your region.
http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/VLC_media_player

If you have got DVB device you may chose the different setup if you like.
Here is how I am doing it including some bits and pieces you are not asking about currently: https://plus.google.com/112635519863097306017/posts/WnrgmnjioJs

Greetings

Peter