Re: Debian installer

Jean-Philippe MENGUAL <mengualjeanphi@free.fr> wrote:

> I try some tests from a Debian from scratch. The 1st, is the
> installation. With speech. And 1st problem: after I do s, Enter, I
> choose French (it's the choice number 7 I believe). But espeak goes on
> speaking in English: it reads some French text with English accent. Is
> that experienced by other people? If yes, should I bugreport or it's
> been already done?

If you run reportbug debian-installer, you'll be able to browse the list of
existing bugs and report this one if it isn't already on the list.

The solution would be for the installer to test whether Speakup is running,
and if so, to reconfigure the language when the user changes it.

The Debian developers might think this is a new feature request rather than a
bug - I am not sure.