Will Debian keep using alsa?

To whom it may concern:

I guess this is the first time I have sent to this list, but I have a question that will determine my future in computer use.  Will Debian continue to
use alsa as its sound system on command line only installs?

I do not want to have to deal with pulseaudio since the last version of the sound server I used kept going silent after the machine had been off for,
say, over night.

That's right.  I tried a distribution of linux that contained pulseaudio.  I got it all set up and it was doing fine.  I could even turn my machine
off for a little while and it worked if I turned it back on that day.  However, believe it or not, if the machine were left off and allowed to sit
over night, then started again the next day, it would have no sound.  Noone around has the technical knowledge required to help me start it again.
Even graphical user interface users couldn't do it.  I just can't communicate effectively with them because I do better with the command line.  GUI
use is so unnatural for me and a great source of frustration.

In order to solve this, I installed Debian using the wheezy installer you have out now.  It worked perfectly and I have had no problems with it since
then.  When I get my ladyfriend's machine fixed, she wants to go with this command line interface with speakup as well.  We have both tried graphical
distributions, but it just works better this way.  Just put speakup on it and let us know it will work.

In order to keep me in computer use at all, I hope Debian will continue to stay with alsa for its command line installations.  Will the linux command
line always be around?  I hope so.  I feel like I am using a computer now, rather than playing with an under-powered toy of some kind.

Please let me know that alsa will always be around and that command line applications will be around and you will have 2 happy computer users.

Thank you.

Doug Smith