Debian Installation Alpha 1 AMD64 netinst ISO installation report
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Debian Installation Alpha 1 AMD64 netinst ISO installation report
- From: Erik Heil <email@example.com>
- Date: Mon, 14 May 2012 18:40:04 -0400
- Message-id: <CAMb3W7iNqOW0iEJS=as8vW-AhcoodK_sxMKO1=JfvCxfirstname.lastname@example.org>
Hello list members,
I just downloaded the recent Debian Alpha installer and software speech worked very well. Note that I installed Debian within a virtual machine. When I rebooted the VM, and tried to install some packages (gnome-desktop-environment) to try out Gnome Shell, aptitude offerred to remove alsa and alsa-base. Apparently it did, because at the next reboot, I was left with no speech. This is not related to the installer, which worked very well. I would call this an RC bug. Hae anyone of you experienced this problem? Also, I wanted to let you know that their were alsa-related errors related to the PCM device, but didn't really affect anything, because I was able to get to the login prompt just fine. Their were also errors related to consolekit and the keymap.