Re: bug or not

Have you installed python-speechd? If yes, try:
from your voxin dir, cd Packages/Debian.squeeze
then: dpkg -i speech-dispatcher (Tab key to complete).

It should work. Also I believe that spd has a problem with its service.
So run it as normal user with "speech-dispatcher" and not with the
service (not modifying /etc/default/speech-dispatcher).

Alternatively (to avoid completely speech-dispatcher), and it's better I
think, as you're on 32bits, install gnome-speech-ibmtts. It should work.
If no sound appears, try changing the line in
GNOME_Speech_viavoice.server from ./viavoice to /usr/bin/viavoice.

Actually it should work.

Regards,

Jean-Philippe MENGUAL