Re: localized information in the wiki

Sebastian Humenda, le Thu 24 Mar 2011 08:32:52 +0100, a écrit :
> I have translated the main "accessibility" wiki page to German.

Thanks!

> So some remarks on the English version

> * I don't know whether it is good for the Debian-installer options to
>   just reference to the release manual since this is very long and
>   might discourage people from reading further.

Very long?! The link points exactly at the Accessibility part in the
manual, which is only 60 lines long, I don't know how that could ever be
made shorter and still document braille devices, speech synthesis, and
contrast themes...

Duplicating documentation is never a good idea in any case.

> This manual is also
>   not available in German (or I have overlooked something).

It is available. If language negociation is not properly configured in
your browser (check how to fix it on http://www.debian.org/intro/cn),
you can force the german version:

http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/i386/ch05s02.html.de

>   So would it make more sense to add a own subpage for this describing the
>   main boot options

That's already what the pointed page describes...

> and maybe the unofficial CD from Samuel too?

Good idea, I've added it.

> The advantage is, that one could then translate this page.

Again, the installation guide is already translated, and in a lot of
languages: en ca cs de el es fi fr it ja pt ru sv vi zh_CN

> * I would recommend to restructure the page. Since the Debian wiki
>   seems less restrictive than the German Wikipedia, I'm not sure whether
>   I should just do that. I imagine more Headings turning into
>   subheadings and having a table of contents.

Feel free to reorganize, yes, I had mostly piled up things I thought
would be useful to document.

> * Maybe there shall be some points where our accessibility page is
>   referenced from the main Debian website, since this makes finding it
>   easier and IMHO it's important information for the user.

Indeed.