Re: Orca support and XFCE

I have a possible temporary solution. I'm able to get an accessible panel using perlpanel in place of xfce4-panel. The only downsides to perlpanel are a lack of keybindings and the menu; it doesn't have much in it, at least on my system. To run it, I just type perlpanel in the XFce Run dialog. I have both "Present tooltips" and "Speak area under mouse" enabled in Orca Preferences. Currently, this solution only works with the mouse, but Orca does speak everything on the panel. This is not an ideal solution, as it would be nice to use the default panel for a given desktop, but it's something I'm going to keep working on, as it's better than nothing.

Sincerely

Laurel Murphy