Re: Recovering accessibility after partial Gnome 3 upgrade in testing

Kenny Hitt <hittsjunk@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi.
> On Thu, Dec 15, 2011 at 05:04:22PM +1100, Jason White wrote:
> > On my laptop, I upgraded to the latest testing a few weeks ago and
> > unintentionally acquired Gnome 3 packages. Gnome-shell is not installed, but
> > when X is started we get an "activities" screen. Orca is not executed
> > automatically as it used to be, and when executed manually, very little is
> > accessible and Orca hangs in Firefox/Iceweasel.
> >
> I believe your problem is caused by atspi2.0 moving into testing.

Actually, it turned out that I was just a few packages short of having Gnome
3.0+6 installed from testing, obviously the least accessible version of Gnome
for a long time for Orca users. AT-SPI 1 is still installed, not a good
combination.

My hope is that the latest AT-SPI 2, Orca and Gnome 3.2 will all arrive in
unstable very soon.

I can also try xfce if that's likely to work.

I don't need a working X environment very often on this laptop, but obviously
I would rather have one than not.