Re: Temporary fix for at-spi2 in experimental

Hi.
On Thu, Aug 11, 2011 at 04:47:48PM +0200, Mario Lang wrote:
> I am assuming you had python-atspi2 and libatk-bridge from experimental
> installed when you tried this?
> Additionally, I guess you did try relogin after enabling the gconf
> setting?

Yes, python-pyatspi2 and libatk-adaptor are installed.
I set the gconf value before I attempted to login to gnome after a reboot.

> If so, I wonder, does Orca get started automatically for you?

Yes, orca starts, but all I get is the welcome to orca message.
Focus is on preferences for orca since I hear orca say preferences if I press space or enter.
That's the only speech I get from my gnome session.
I can open a terminal and run a command, but will get no speech from orca while doing it
while using atspi2.
According to ps, at-spi 2 components are started in the gnome session.

> Here, setting this key definitely made things work.
>
> You can also look at your gtk-modules settings by issuing:
>
> $ gconftool-2 -R /apps/gnome_settings_daemon/gtk-modules

The results of that command are:
kenny@blackbox:~$ gconftool-2 -R /apps/gnome_settings_daemon/gtk-modules
 gail-gnome = /desktop/gnome/interface/accessibility
 atk-bridge = /desktop/gnome/interface/accessibility

          Kenny