Re: [PATCH] enable libao support in speech-dispatcher for debian squeeze
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] enable libao support in speech-dispatcher for debian squeeze
- From: Halim Sahin <email@example.com>
- Date: Mon, 1 Aug 2011 21:12:51 +0200
- Message-id: <20110801191251.GA2044@gentoo.local>
- In-reply-to: <1312222843.25270.12.camel@maison>
- References: <20110731093543.GA14139@debian> <1312150812.3055.25.camel@maison> <20110801164724.GA18966@gentoo.local> <1312222843.25270.12.camel@maison>
The Situation is that speech-dispatcher-0.7.1-2 is not in squeeze.
And are you sure that you are have the native alsa code in use?
Default setup in squeeze uses pulseaudio for speechd.
If someone wants to use console screenreaders the alsa drivber of
BTW.: This topic has been discused many times in the past without useful
In my opinion squeeze's freeze time was really bad for a11y!!!
Orca and Speech-dispatcher have both issues wich needs much fine tuning.
halim.sahin (at) t-online.de